The SoE-TU offers various study opportunities and accepts international students from a range of countries and backgrounds.

Why Tohoku?
What makes Tohoku University the right option for you?
view the details
Research Student
If you don’t have a student status at any institution and would like to work on research under the supervision of SoE-TU faculties, you can enter as an “Undergraduate Research Student” or a “Graduate Research Student”.
view the details
Exchange Student
Students of TU’s or the SoE’s partner institutions can study/research as an “Exchange Student”.
view the details
Short-term Visiting Trainee
Short-term Visiting Trainee is a status for short-term training for visitors who can stay in Japan up to 90 days.
view the details
Pre-arrival/On-arrival information for new incoming students.
view the details