- Coordinator: Kyosuke YOSHIMI
- Professor, Dr.
Department of Materials Science
School of Engineering
- Graduate level students of TESP-SMEC partner institutions
- Fluent in English
- Background knowledge
* Graduate level defines those who have the bachelor’s degree or have completed the first three years of five-year bachelor + master’s integrated program.
* TESP-SMEC partner institutions are selected by the SMEC professors depending on their research connections. Please note that it is different from Tohoku University’s partner institutions.
- Alloy Design and ThermoCalc Training
- Alloy Synthesis by Arc Melting
- Spark-Plasma Sintering
- Specimen Preparation Training
- Microstructure Observation and Analysis by Optical and Scanning Electron Microscopy and X-ray Diffractometry
- Nanoindentation and Vickers Hardness
- Tensile and Compression Tests
Phases Diagrams, Crystallography, Plastic Deformation, Lattice Defect Theory, Fracture and Fatigue Mechanics, High-Temperature Materials and Applications, etc.
Participants of SMEC and BMEC have a joint field trip besides the original TESP field trip.
* Contents are subject to change